- Ras and I met with John Ousterhout (hurray Tcl!) to find we're taking almost completely opposite paths on our respective projects, yet almost completely agree on motivations and goals. Side note: I want Electric Cloud to integrate into ANT/SVN and run on EC2 :D
- Reading group day (axiomatic semantics, data flow as abstract interpretation, and Self)
- Instead of manually implementing some application consistency work, I decided to finally buckle down and understand some of the bidirectional programming work at Penn. and am finding the papers to be incredibly clearly written. However, it's a subtle topic: ... the papers understate the broad applications and motivation of the work, and it personally took hitting certain problems and trying to encode solutions to see the point of some of it.
- Foundations: Combinators for bidirectional tree transformations: A linguistic approach to the view-update problem.
- The idea is generally applicable: Relational Lenses: A Language for Updateable Views
- On deck: Exploiting Schemas in Data Synchronization
Hopefully I'll stop with the distractions soon... Raluca should be back and the web needs parallelizing :)