Sunday, November 9, 2008

Semantics

I've been wanting to do this for a few years now, so I'm happy to finally have had a good opportunity to do it. It'll probably be another week until I have the full 'core' v1 done, but it's been a cathartic experience so far: the formal semantics of cascading style sheets.


(a very tiny snippet)

I forgot who, but a language designer suggested that any other budding one should, at some point in their life, be involved in the standardization process of some language. I'm not sure this is where I'm most qualified to throw my hat in the ring, but, as CSS is one of the most popular languages in the world and, of those, one of the most ambiguously defined, any bit of help might help. I'm writing the semantics for performance reasons (!!), but it's nice to have a silver lining :)

1 comment:

acornthea said...

Leo!!! I'm reading your blog now...