Friday, June 12, 2009

First weekend in Seattle

Still looking for a place, but Capitol Hill successfully captured my heart:

  1. Lunch: jamon serrano crepe @ joe bar cafe
  2. Snack: picked up a copy of Pride and Prejudice and Zombies and headed off to another cafe
  3. Discovered Dilletante, a chocolate cafe and chocolate martini bar -- opens at 4pm, so on my TODO list

I also somehow came across two free passes to the Seattle International Film Festival that is ending this weekend. Viable candidates (will see one each on both remaining days; haven't found anyone else who is interested yet):
  • Saturday:
  1. In Your Absence
  2. Breathless (it was great!)
  3. Fifty Dead Men
  4. Flame & Citron
  5. Forever Enthralled
  • Sunday:
  1. Marcello Marcello
  2. The Shaft (done well)
  3. Involuntary
  4. OSS 117: Lost in Rio (+ closing gala)
  5. The Overbrook Brothers
  6. A Pain in the Ass

300+ movies over one month... that's an intense festival. Despite the lack of an apartment and a slowdown on my research, summer is going well (and I apparently had a subletter for my place in Berkeley without realizing it!)

No comments: